Saturday, October 29, 2005

Online Universities: Is this for me?

So you think you would rather take online classes so you can work and go to school at the same time? Here are some thoughts for you:
  • Are you an independent person who likes to work alone?
  • Do you find yourself getting bored easily and turning on the television when your thoughts won't stop racing?
  • Are you a motivated individual who works at a task until they get the job done?
  • Do you need structure and someone to tell you what to do and how to do it?

These are just a few points to mention when considering an online university. There are several out there, but there are also some additional points to consider:

  • Make sure your online university is accredited (you would hate to spend all your time to get a degree and then find out it is worthless)
  • Does your online university have a residence requirement. Most online universities (university of phoenix and walden university for sure) have a residence program where you must spend an allotted amount of time on their campus.
  • Does your university have access to financial aid resources (this can get costy because most online universities still run in a quarterly fashion)

9 Comments:

Blogger Marion Brown said...

The information that you are sharing with others is most needed and will be appreciated by many. There are many people who are thinking about going to college for the first time (especially working adults), but they are unsure of themselves or have doubts about the unknown factors that come along with being in college while trying to work and take care of their families; you have given them excellent points to process before making the college journey. Keep it up. I know how valuable this is, after having taught on a college level for years. Good work!

As an aside, your layout is eye-pleasing and quietly easy to read without distraction. Maybe I'll change the look of my pages once I get everything runnning and flowing the way I want them to. I thank you humbly for stopping by and looking in on what I have to say and offer. I do things from my heart, always. I hope you felt that as you strided down the pages. I hope I can make a difference for someone out there.

Marion Brown

2:31 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

You are a damn loser dont you dare type to me me you again you damn fag.

11:24 AM  
Blogger shamzie said...

you are a real jerk for advertising and if you are gonna be that good guy for what you type but a jerk that makes you weirdly retarted

4:18 PM  
Blogger Super Lokillas said...

po q veni a ensuciar el bloger de nosotras con insultos de bajo nivel total nosotras no somos tan wonas pa escribir cosas q lo leen too el mundo yn tux cosas son weas de mierda

con cario la chabe y naty

7:38 AM  
Blogger Rotso said...

How do you know? Know swedish? :P

12:45 PM  
Blogger ashleylaine said...

DONT COMMENT ON MY DAMN BLOG AGAIN

1:23 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

You are afucken punta dick licking bitch ass faget quir

11:11 AM  
Blogger Saia said...

Thanks for stopping by!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Addison said...

Hey, landed on your blog, nice stuff. I found a cool new tool for our blogs... www.widgetmate.com It helps get latest news for our keywords directly on to our blog. I added it on mine. Worked like a charm.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home